If you are interested in a job that has a closing date that has passed, please feel free to call 432-3845 to see if applications are still being accepted.
Squaxin Tribal Youth ages 16-21 interested in the 2018 Summer Youth Employment Program
Application deadline including a cover letter, resume and application should be submitted to Astrid Poste in Human Resources at the Tribal Center by June 1, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
The program will run beginning July 6th through August 10th. Please note this list is subject to change.
Little Creek Casino Resort Trainee Positions: Hours for these positions may vary.
• Food and Beverage Buffet Hostess Food handlers permit required. 2 positions
• Hotel Guest Services/Reservations 1 position
• Hotel House Person/ Laundry Attendant 2 positions
• Greens Keeper 2 positions
• Golf Course Club House Driver’s License required 1 position
• Banquets Food handlers permit required 1 position
All LCCR youth trainees working in the hotel of food and beverage may be rotated through various positions within the department throughout the program.
Tribal Government Trainee Positions:
• Activities Assistant for Summer Rec Program 6 positions
• Summer Rec. Kitchen Assistant 1 position
• Fisheries Tech 4 positions
• Housing Maintenance 1 position
• Grounds Maintenance 1 position
• Recycling Assistant 1 position
• Family Services Office Assistant 1 position
• Executive Community Garden Tech. Apprentice 2 positions
• Cultural Preservation Apprentice MLRC 2 positions
• Stepping Stones Mentors 2 positions
• Tribal Council Youth Intern 1 position
• Island Enterprise Positions:
• Teachers Assistant for Child Development Center – multiple positions
• KTP Stocker – 2 positions
If you would like assistance with completing your application, cover letter or resume, please attend the application workshop on May 16th and again May 23rd from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Squaxin Museum.
Squaxin Tribal Preference will be exercised in the hiring of these positions. All other applications will be considered in accordance with the Squaxin Island Tribe’s Indian Preference policies depending on availability of positions.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
All applicants will be required to complete a UA for drug and alcohol screening in accordance with the Tribe’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Please contact Astrid Poste, Human Resources Director at (360) 432-3913 or with any questions.
Application Process and Contact Information
To apply please submit a cover letter and résumé along with the Squaxin application.
Application materials may be submitted:
Via email to:
Nikita Ho, HR Assistant Director,
Attention: Human Resources
10 S.E. Squaxin Lane
Shelton, WA 98584
Fax: (360) 426-6577
Current Job Opportunities
- Medical Assistant
- Hardware Technician
- Health Services Director
- MSPI Grant Manager
- Regulatory Agent
- Cashier (Financial Specialist 1)
- General Ledger Accountant (Financial Specialist 5)
- Garden Tech 1 NWITC Native Plants Program Intern
- Youth Activities Manager Assistant
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Summer Recreation Program Cook’s Assistant
- Summer Recreation Program Assistant (6 positions available)
- Stepping Stones Outdoor Project Coordinator
- Stepping Stones Mentor (multiple positions available and 1 on call mentor)
- Mental Health Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor Trainee (Counselor 4)
- Fisheries Technician 1
- Garden Field Tech 1
- Tobacco Cessation Outreach Specialist
- Garden Field Technician III
- Shellfish Technical Specialist 1
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Garden Production Supervisor
- Chemical Dependency Professional 3
Continuously accepting applications for these full time positions
On-Call positions at NWITC (Elma)